I travel quite a bit on short weekend trips.I was finding that the bag that I was using wasn’t working so I decided to shop around for a new overnight bag.
Here are my three picks:
Herschel Novel Duffel
The Herschel Novel Duffel is a very stylish bag that gives you a retro look with some cool features.
– Shoe compartment
– Size (Large enough bag to pack a lot of stuff in)
– Light weight
– Nice leather accents
– Stylish and cool
– The canvas material seemed a little flimsy
– The plastic buckles seemed poorly constructed
– Some of the inner linings are unusual designs
– The shoe compartment was nice but a little small for large shoes
Lululemon Training Duffel
The Lululemon Duffel is a durable urban bag that can be used for the gym or a weekend away.
– Lot’s of features including a strap for a yoga mat
– Large shoe/wet stuff compartment
– High quality material
– The bag keeps its shape once its zipped up
– Expensive at $108
– Not as stylish as other bags
– Not as much space available once you have a pair of shoes in the shoe compartment
MEC Duffel Bag
The MEC Duffel is a well constructed bag that is highly durable and basic in its look and feel.
– Lot’s of size options
– Lot’s of colors to choose from
– It’s a pretty basic bag so you won’t get any points for style
– No special compartments for small items
– The shoulder strap can be uncomfortable with heavy weight
I decided in the end to go with the Lululemon Training Duffel because of the durability and quality of the fabric. I’ve been using it regularly for the past few months and i’ve been extremely happy with it.